Spoken Word/News Coordinator
Anticipated Start Date: August 12, 2013
30/hours per week
Thanks to funding from the Community Radio Fund of Canada and the Greater Saint John Community Foundation, Local 107.3fm is embarking on a project to improve and expand our delivery and production of spoken word and news programming. The main goal of the project is to increase our training capabilities and capacity to produce high quality programming and this includes hiring a dedicated Spoken Word/News Coordinator for 40 weeks. Some of the tasks to be undertaken by this individual include:
– coordinate and participate in the recording of the daily news broadcasts with the current volunteer;
– improving quality and quantity of spoken word programming and skills capacity to continue forward movement;
– promote and develop Public Service Announcements as a service to clubs, groups, and organizations both on- and off-campus;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Previous recording, editing, and radio experience or education;
– Strong understanding of the role of C/C radio in the community;
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and relevant work (audio or written) to Station Manager, Brian Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or (506) 648-5667.
Applications can also be sent by mail to:
100 Tucker Park Rd.
PO Box 5050
Saint John, N.B.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.