Music Library Technician
Anticipated Start Date: June 2, 2014
30/hours per week
Application Deadline: May 19, 2014
Thanks to funding from the Community Radio Fund of Canada (the seventh time the station has received funding from the CRFC), we are looking to hire a Music Library Technician on a 48-week term. This new staff member will work with our existing team to dedicate considerable time towards outreach, acquisition, and archiving of music within our library by developing our volunteer-driven Music Department. Ample efforts will also be directed towards recruiting underrepresented, local voices on our airwaves and to encourage more diverse music programming. This project will also include training and the distribution of information about underrepresented genres to our current volunteer DJs to increase the diversity of genres represented on all radio programs.
The objectives for this project include:
– Researching and implementing a suitable, easy-to-use Music Library database software to improve access and space utilization;
– Creating the capacity and culture for continued outreach, acquisition, and archiving of local music in all genres;
– Improving the variety of genres represented on-air to include programs focused on underrepresented and specialty genres including Jazz, Hip Hop, Folk, Classical, Experimental, etc.;
– Improving, through outreach and targeting recruitment and support, the variety of demographics represented on-air including underrepresented areas of our population such as Seniors, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, low-income and working poor, people for whom English is a non-native language, racial or ethnic minority groups, members of the LGBTQQI community, people with limited education or literacy, etc.;
– Improve compliance with regards to CRTC-licensed minimum Canadian content requirements for Popular Music and Specialty Interest Music and minimum Special Interest Music requirements;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Previous recording, editing, archiving, and radio experience or education;
– Strong understanding of the role of C/C radio in the community
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and relevant work (audio or written) to Station Manager, Brian Cleveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or (506) 648-5667.
Applications can also be sent by mail to:
100 Tucker Park Rd.
PO Box 5050
Saint John, N.B.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.